A Colorful DIY unique Wedding
Music like wedding theme, a colorful event, with a Shabby Chic style and a pink bride’s dresses!!
Many little elements are connected to the choosen design, the theme and the colors, starting from wedding invitations and to the DIY favors.
I met Veronica because she’s the nephew of a dear friend of mine, Lorena, who, as her wedding witness, wanted to “gift me” to Veronica & Matteo. She chose my “A Day like a Dream” package.
At our first meeting Veronica told me everything about her dream wedding, at the time she had only chosen the restaurant; we started to talk and went on for hours. At the end of our chat, Veronica decided to hire me for the full organization of her wedding!
Veronica was looking for specific elements for her wedding:
- The theme of the wedding was to be Music
- The event had to be a evening reception
- She wanted that Stewie, their Beagle, was present at the ceremony in Lodi
- She wanted to use a lot of colors and, together, we created a beautiful Palette of five colors lilac-peach-pink-ivory and a light blue sugar paper!
- She wanted a Shabby Chic style but developed in a elegant and original way
- She wanted useful wedding favors and at the same time surprising
- For Veronica & Matteo it was imperative to have fun with their guests!
We have worked with Veronica down to the smallest details, creating a tailor made event, we started from the invitations. She wanted them to be delicate, with the presence of the selected colors, an unique and original design all with the musical element.
I did create custom graphics for her and designed the Wedding Logo, that we would have used for the whole event.
The invitations were decorated with satin ribbons of various colors, positioned in a particular way and closed with a pink glittered heart with a little bell; the envelope was sealed with sealing light blue or pink wax, the imprinted seal? a violin key!
Here the little bell and the violin key on the seal introduced the theme of the wedding: music.
For the wedding program I used the same font used for the invitations, the wedding logo, the same colors, and satin ribbons.
Peculiar elements of this wedding program are the square shape, the application of a little bow with a different color compared to the ribbon on the front of the program, and a pink glitter violin key.
I design and hand made all the wedding program, I confess, I’m a #DIYWeddingPlanner.
Out of the church wedding rice DIY cones were present, I made it with a lilac theme music paper, I did also provide some Wedding Wands with little bells and satin ribbons from the wedding palette.
Veronica asked me to decorate with some pink glittered flowers the wedding ring cushion, she wanted it to be unique.
The bride did not want the usual Tableaux de Mariage, she asked me to created something different.
I therefore proposed her the Escort Cards not used so much in Italy. So I created the Tags with the front back names of the guests and the tables and tied them up with little bow to wooden musical notes that the guests could keep as a memory.
For the escort cards I used all the color palette, I painted every single wooden musical note in white, another DIY attack for me. I laid everything on a soft bed of musk to enhance the contrast of colors and recreated the Shabby Chic style.
The reception room was embellished with multicolour flowers table centerpieces and particular elements of silver and glass, to exalt the overall view of the tables.
Again they were sumarizing all the elements of the wedding mood:
- The color palette
- the way to close the napkin with the same type of bow and a flower inside
- the centerpieces with Shabby Chic style compositions, positioned inside a vase with silvery lights
- A mirror as a base and a lot of different small special jars with candles.
- A menu with a particular shape
- The table’s tags, held up by a diamond, with the names of the important songs for the spouses, punched with the shape chosen by Veronica to characterize the whole DIY wedding stationery, from escort cards to the favors.
While the guests were in the garden dancing in the moonlight, I set up the White Table.
The favors are always a little problematic, many want to gift something useful, that does not just sit on the furniture taking dust.
I suggested Veronica to give as a present a particular jar, big enough to be reused, in full Shabby style for the form and for the content. I suggested to fill them with flavored sugar, specifically mint, lavender and vanilla.
From the photos you can see how all the elements of the wedding style of Veronica and Matteo return, including the musical theme in the small violin key pendant.
The White Table it was set up with vases in the same style as the wedding favors and they were white cotton bags, with the design of two faiths and a writing that says “Grazie”, made with a light blue stamp.
Wedding Planner: Weddings And Dreams | Photos: Matrimoni all’Italiana
Floral Design: FlorPassion | Hair & Make Up: Cristina Zanatta | Venue: Ristorante l’Antico Sapore